The Backyard Beekeeper, 4th edition: An Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Keeping Bees in Your Yard and Garden
The Backyard Beekeeper, now in its 4th edition, makes the time-honored and complex tradition of beekeeping an enjoyable and accessible backyard pastime that will appeal to urban and rural beekeepers of all skill levels.
More than a guide to beekeeping, this handbook features expert advice for:
– Setting up and caring for your own colonies
– She best location to place your new bee colonies for their safety and yours
– The most practical and nontoxic ways to care for your bees
– Swarm control
– Using top bar hives
– Harvesting the products of a beehive and collecting and using honey
– Bee problems and treatments
– Information for Urban Bees and Beekeepers
– Using Your Smoker the Right Way
– Better Pest Management
– Providing Consistent and Abundant Good Food
– Keeping Your Hives Healthy
With this complete resource and the expert advice of Bee Culture editor Kim Flottum, your bees will be healthy, happy, and more productive.